August 24-27, 2016
Festival booths open daily between 10am-6pm
Stage Performances at 12:00-2:30pm daily
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
14 th Annual Chicago Turkish Festival will be open to general public free of charge from 10:00AM to 6:00PM CST from Wednesday, September 2nd through Saturday, September 5th. It will feature demonstrations of art, dance, music and much more, where Chicagoans will get the opportunity to experience, learn and savor Turkish hospitality, culture, heritage and cuisine. Live performances will take place at 12:00-2:30pm at the Daley Plaza stage.
Without leaving the comfort of the Daley Plaza, guests will visit and enjoy various regions of Turkey together with the participants from Turkey and Turkish-Americans living in culturally diverse community of Chicago. Guests will be able to browse through and buy Turkish products, souvenirs, art and handicrafts, find travel information, participate in activities for children, view many authentic demonstrations and performances, sample Turkish cuisine, and much more...
Arriving at the Daley Plaza, visitors will:
- Enter the Plaza through the doors of a traditional Safranbolu House and enjoy the Land of Civilizations Exhibit reflecting the history of Anatolia and the Turkish Republic;
- Walk through the captivating sights and sounds of our guest city region is Black Sea area
- Enjoy live midday and evening shows of marching Ottoman Military Band, memorable Turkish Folk Dance performances, Whirling Dervishes, traditional and modern Fashion Show of Turkish couture and textiles, and authentic Turkish classical and folk music concert;
- Watch the artistic demonstrations of paper marbling, calligraphy, illuminations, copper and ceramic art, carpet weaving, silver filigree, and more;
- Shop for handmade arts and crafts from Aegean region, Kutahya ceramics, Cappadocia ceramics and pottery, Turkish rugs, throws, bags, decorative pillows, glassware, traditional jewelry, handicrafts, and more;
- Enjoy the aromas and tastes of rich Ottoman Turkish cuisine, sample gourmet food, including Turkish style grilled kabobs, doner sandwiches, vegetable and meat dishes, desserts including baklava at restaurant booths; shop for Turkish delights, apricots, hazelnuts, figs at Best Turkish Food stand; taste Turkish beer at or EFES Beer Garden , and much more;
- Taste other popular Turkish culinary delights such as Turkish style bagel (simit); have a slice of world-famous MADO's unique Kahramanmaras orchid ice cream which once again we expect to serve hundreds of gallons; or sip a cup of Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi's Turkish coffee of which thousands are served throughout the Festival;
- Let your kids enjoy all sorts of activities from the Turkish shadow theater, face painting and games as well as find out about Turkish Classes at TACA booth.
The event will be broadcast on a number of US and Turkish channels, introducing Turkey and its culture to millions of American viewers.
To find out more about the festival planning please click here (for Turkish version click here)